Hadoop, mail # general - where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-11, 21:20
Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Eli Collins 2013-02-11, 21:36
The idea of removing contrib was that this source would no longer go into
the Hadoop project. Where it goes is really up to the contributor. Some
people have created separate incubator projects (eg MRUnit), some people
are using Apache extras (hosted on Google), some could bake on github and
then get contributed to Hadoop when they're ready to be fully supported in
the code base (eg Hadoop auth and Httpfs).
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I posted this to common-dev and got no answer, so I'm moving it to
> -general, it being a general problem: where to put stuff that is part of
> Hadoop yet which isn't something you can just add to the src/ tree of one
> of the existing JAR files?

+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 08:55
+