Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: How to add another file system in Hadoop

Re: How to add another file system in Hadoop
I may be guessing here a bit. Basically a filesystem is identified by the
protocol part of the URI of a file - so a file on the S3 filesystem will
have a URI like s3://... If you look at the core-default.xml file in Hadoop
source, you will see configuration keys like fs.<fs-type>.impl and the
value is a class that implements that type of filesystem. So, you'd
basically have to define a cdmi:// type protocol and define a fs.cdmi.impl
key in your Hadoop configuration.

Thanks
hemanth