HBase >> mail # user >> Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data

Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data
Please take a look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#jvm

Section 12.2.3, “JVM Garbage Collection
Logs”<http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#trouble.log.gc>should be read
as well.

There is more recent effort to reduce GC activity. Namely HBASE-7404 Bucket
Cache:A solution about CMS,Heap Fragment and Big Cache on HBASE
It is close to integration to trunk.

You can expect 0.94 backport down the road.

Cheers