Flume, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0 rc4
Juhani Connolly 2012-11-20, 01:40
Hi Brock.

I didn't have any problems  with that  test, but it's setup to be very
tight(1ms) to encounter a possible bug that I initially encountered. It
took me 20 runs now to get the issue to recreate. It's somewhat
sensitive to HDFS, looking at the output logs from the time it did fail
however, it looks like HDFS was just lagging behind a bit. It definitely
isn't a problem that should hold back the release, but it looks like
it's going to be awkward to get a test that properly tests the sink
without a lot of sleeps and longer idle timeouts... And running unit
tests take long enough as is. Still, if I can't come up with another
alternative I'll make a patch along those lines.