Accumulo, mail # dev - feedback on Typo

+
Keith Turner 2012-08-11, 00:07
+
Ed Kohlwey 2012-08-13, 00:11
+
Keith Turner 2012-08-13, 15:02
Re: feedback on Typo
Josh Elser 2012-08-13, 01:36
Neat idea, Keith.

Have you thought about how to support more complex types? Specifically,
arrays, hashes and the nesting of those? Any thoughts about indexing for
those complex types?

Initial thoughts are that it would make the most sense to place Typo at
the contrib level (or something equivalent). The reason being: Typo
doesn't change the underlying functionality of Accumulo; it only
provides a layer on top of it that makes life easier for developers.

On 08/10/2012 07:07 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
> I put together a simple abstraction layer for Accumulo that makes it
> easier to read and write Java objects to Accumulo key and value
> fields.  The data written to Accumulo sort correctly
> lexicographically.
>
> I put the code on github and would like some feedback on the design
> and whether it should be included with Accumulo.
>
> https://github.com/keith-turner/typo
>
> Its still a little rough and I need to add encoder for all of the
> primitive types.
>
> Keith
+
Keith Turner 2012-08-13, 16:06