Kafka, mail # dev - Patch for SBT 0.11.3 / Scala 2.8.0,2.9.1,2.9.2 cross build

Patch for SBT 0.11.3 / Scala 2.8.0,2.9.1,2.9.2 cross build
Derek Chen-Becker 2012-07-02, 15:34
I've put together an preliminary patch (attached) against kafka to build using SBT 0.11.3 with a cross build against 2.8.0/2.9.x. This is based on the existing SBT 0.7 build and I think I translated everything, but it's easy to fix anything I've missed/mis-translated. A few sticking points for discussion:

1. The run-rat task assumes a lib in lib_managed, but that's not around in SBT 0.11.3. Options would be to modify the build to auto-download the lib and then have the script point to ~/.ivy2/... or to just bundle the lib under lib/. In this patch I assume the latter, but it would be easy to modify either way

2. The release zip task still doesn't work (time constraints on my end), but one the next few weeks I should be able to make some progress on it. Due to the cross-build/SBT update I'll have to modify the start/stop scripts a little to point to the correct JARs, but this shouldn't be onerous.

Thanks,

Derek

--
Derek Chen-Becker