MapReduce >> mail # user >> Compile and deploy source code for Hadoop 1.0.4

Compile and deploy source code for Hadoop 1.0.4
Hi,

I want to work on release 1.0.4 source code. As per Hadoop
wiki HowToContribute, I can download source code from trunk or from release
1.0.4 tag.

1. Source code from hadoop/common/trunk with revision 1397701 corresponding
to release 1.0.4:
I downloaded the source with svn revision 1397701 mentioned in release tag.
My source code gets compiled, however tar file created by build does not
contain start-mapred.sh file? It does contain start-yarn.sh. Even if source
revision is old, why I am not getting start-mapred.sh. I really don't want
to use resourcemanager or node manager to run my mapred job. How can I
start jobtracker and tasktracker?
2. Source code from tag release 1.0.4:
Hadoop wiki also mentions that, If I want to work against any specific
release then I will have to download release tag.
I copied my code to src and tried to build it. However my code is not
getting compiled because as I have developed it in above hadoop-common
project. I am getting compilation error as there are inconsistencies in
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem interface. Shall I develop my class by
implementing interfaces provided in release 1.0.4?

So
1. How to get all projects from hadoop-common?
2. what is correct way to compile and deploy any changes in core for
release 1.0.4?

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,