From: Matt Foley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Why is hadoop build I generated from a release branch different from release build?

Hi Pawan,
The complete way releases are built (for v0.20/v1.0) is documented at
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease#Building
However, that does a bunch of stuff you don't need, like generate the documentation and do a ton of cross-checks.

The full set of ant build targets are defined in build.xml in the top level of the source code tree.
"binary" may be the target you want.

--Matt