Hadoop, mail # user - hadoop fs -rmr /*?

Re: hadoop fs -rmr /*?
Ted Dunning 2011-03-16, 19:54
W.P is correct, however, that standard techniques like snapshots and mirrors
and point in time backups do not exist in standard hadoop.

This requires a variety of creative work-arounds if you use stock hadoop.

It is not uncommon for people to have memories of either removing everything
or somebody close to them doing the same thing.

Few people have memories of doing it twice.