MapReduce >> mail # user >> Lib conflicts

+
Ben Rycroft 2012-10-03, 11:21
+
Harsh J 2012-10-03, 11:39
+
Ben Rycroft 2012-10-03, 11:45
+
Jay Vyas 2012-10-03, 12:01
Re: Lib conflicts
Yup, I hate that when it happens.

You tend to see this more with Avro than anything else.

The issue is that in Java, the first class loaded wins. So when Hadoop loads 1.4 first, you can't unload it and replace it with 1.7.

The only solution that we found to be workable is to replace the jars on all of the nodes in the cluster with the latest.
The only drawback is if there are incompatibilities between releases.

The other option is to roll back to the early version.  (Yeah I know. You need that method, which is why I made the first recommendation. ;-)

HTH

-Mike