Pig >> mail # user >> Re: How can pig load data into HBase

Re: How can pig load data into HBase
Hi Yong,

ERROR 2999: Unexpected internal error. Not a host:port pair: �
 9854@hans-laptophans-laptop,60020,1352383501956

This is because you're using the standalone "pig.jar" that bundles hbase
0.90 with hbase 0.94. Please find more details in the following mailing
thread:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/sSEnxElsww1&subj=Re+IllegalArgumentException+Not+a+host+port+pair+Pig+0+10+0+with+HBase

This has been an issue to many users, so we made a change to stop bundling
hbase in pig.jar as part of
(PIG-2885<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2885>).
The patch is committed to trunk now, so this should be no longer issue from
pig 0.12.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo