HBase, mail # user - Not able to get data if Master cluster goes down in case of data replication

Re: Not able to get data if Master cluster goes down in case of data replication
Demai Ni 2013-11-13, 18:00
Hanish,

I guess you are looking for hbase to automatically switch to the 2nd
cluster. Unfortunately, that is not the architecture design of replication.
And I think many of such design will rely on application layer for such
'smart' switch. for your application, once 'zoo1:2181' hit a
MasterNotRunning exception, it can point its query to 'zoo2:2181' cluster.
Some shops do that manually(that is by administrator), some implements in
application logic. I am not aware of any hbase/server level switch.

Demai