HBase, mail # user - Does hbase.hregion.max.filesize have a limit?

Re: Does hbase.hregion.max.filesize have a limit?
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-01, 07:05
Can multiple region servers runs on one real machine?
(I guess not though)
No.. Every RS runs in different physical machines.

max.file.size actually applies for region.  Suppose you create a table then
insert data for 20G that will get explicitly splitted into further regions.
Yes all 60G of data can be stored in one physical machine but that means
that you have the data is logically served by 3 regions.
Does this help you?

Regards
Ram