MapReduce >> mail # user >> run hadoop pseudo-distribute examples failed

Re: run hadoop pseudo-distribute examples failed
On 05/19/2011 10:35 PM, 锟斤拷锟� wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
> Thanks for your reply.
> The temporary directory '/tmp/hadoop-xxx' is defined in hadoop core
> jar's configuration file "*core-default.xml*". Do u think this may
> cause the failure? Bellow is the detail config:
>
>     <property>
>     <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
>     <value>/tmp/hadoop-${user.name}</value>
>     <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
>     </property>
>
> And what's the other config files do u need? Almostly, I didn't modify
> any configuration after downloading the hadoop-0.20.2 files, I think
> those configuration are all the default values.
Yes, those are the default values, but I think that you can test with
another directory because this is a temporary directory , and it can be
erased easy.
For example, when you use the CDH3, the default value there is
/var/lib/hadoop-0.20.2/cache/${user.name}, which is more convenient.
Of course, it's a recommendation.
You can search the Lars Francke's Blog (http://blog.lars-francke.de/)
where he did a excellent work explaining the manual installation of a
Hadoop Cluster.

Regards

> 2011-05-20
> 锟斤拷锟�
> *锟斤拷锟斤拷锟剿o拷* Marcos Ortiz
> *锟斤拷锟斤拷时锟戒:* 2011-05-19 20:40:06
> *锟秸硷拷锟剿o拷* mapreduce-user
> *锟斤拷锟酵o拷* 锟斤拷锟�
> *锟斤拷锟解:* Re: run hadoop pseudo-distribute examples failed
> On 05/18/2011 10:53 PM, 锟斤拷锟� wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I'm trying to run hadoop(0.20.2) examples in Pseudo-Distributed Mode
>> following the hadoop user guide. After I run the 'start-all.sh', it
>> seems the namenode can't connect to datanode.
>> 'SSH localhost' is OK on my server. Someone advises to rm
>> '/tmp/hadoop-XXXX' and format namenode again, but it doesn't work.
>> And 'iptables -L' shows there is no firewall rules in my server:
>>
>>     test:/home/liyun2010# iptables -L
>>     Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>>     target prot opt source destination
>>     Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>>     target prot opt source destination
>>     Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>>     target prot opt source destination
>>
>> Is there anyone can give me more advice? Thanks!
>> Bellow is my namenode and datanode log files:
>> liyun2010@test:~/hadoop-0.20.2/logs$
>> <mailto:liyun2010@test:%7E/hadoop-0.20.2/logs$> cat
>> hadoop-liyun2010-namenode-test.puppet.com.log
>>
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:25,938 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: STARTUP_MSG:
>>     /************************************************************
>>     STARTUP_MSG: Starting NameNode
>>     STARTUP_MSG: host = test.puppet.com/127.0.0.1
>>     STARTUP_MSG: args = []
>>     STARTUP_MSG: version = 0.20.2
>>     STARTUP_MSG: build >>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20
>>     -r 911707; compiled by 'chrisdo' on Fri Feb 19 08:07:34 UTC 2010
>>     ************************************************************/
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,197 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.ipc.metrics.RpcMetrics: Initializing RPC
>>     Metrics with hostName=NameNode, port=9000
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,212 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: Namenode up at:
>>     test.puppet.com/127.0.0.1:9000
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,220 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM
>>     Metrics with processName=NameNode, sessionId=null
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,224 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.metrics.NameNodeMetrics:
>>     Initializing NameNodeMeterics using context
>>     object:org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,405 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
>>     fsOwner=liyun2010,users
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,406 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
>>     supergroup=supergroup
>>     2011-05-19 10:58:26,406 INFO
>>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
Marcos Lu锟斤拷s Ort锟斤拷z Valmaseda
 Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)
 University of Information Sciences,
 La Habana, Cuba
 Linux User # 418229
 http://about.me/marcosortiz