Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hardware Selection for Hadoop

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-04-29, 16:24
+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2013-04-29, 18:49
Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
I think that having more than 6 drives is better.

More memory never hurts.  If you have too little, you may have to run with
fewer slots than optimal.

10GB networking is good.  If not, having more than 2 1GBe ports is good, at
least on distributions that can deal with them properly.
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Patai Sangbutsarakum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  2 x Quad cores Intel
> 2-3 TB x 6 SATA
> 64GB mem
> 2 NICs teaming
>
>  my 2 cents
>

>  On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>
>      Hi,
>
> I have to propose some hardware requirements in my company for a Proof of
> Concept with Hadoop. I was reading Hadoop Operations and also saw Cloudera
> Website. But just wanted to know from the group - what is the requirements
> if I have to plan for a 5 node cluster. I dont know at this time, the data
> that need to be processed at this time for the Proof of Concept. So - can
> you suggest something to me?
>
> Regards,
> Raj

+