MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

I was evaluating the release bits when I noticed that the change done in
HDFS-4763 to add support for starting the HDFS NFSv3 gateway, which is
marked with a "fix version" of 2.1.0-beta and included in the release notes
of RC2, is not in fact included in the RC2 release bits. It looks to me
like the change is included in branch-2.1-beta, but not branch-2.1.0-beta.

Particularly since the release notes in RC2 are incorrect in claiming that
this change is in this release, it seems like a pretty serious
issue. Ordinarily I'd say that this issue should result in a new RC, and I
would vote -1 on RC2. But, given the previous discussion that folks are
interested in releasing 2.1.0-beta with several fairly substantial bugs
that we already know about, I'll withhold my vote. If RC2 ends up getting
released as-is, we should be sure to change the fix version field on that
JIRA to be correct.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera