Zookeeper >> mail # user >> methods to figure out what causes an ephemeral node to be deleted

+
Adam Rosien 2012-03-02, 02:43
+
Camille Fournier 2012-03-02, 02:47
Re: methods to figure out what causes an ephemeral node to be deleted
Actually, I think for this if you just use the LogFormatter that comes
inside ZooKeeper (zookeeper.server.LogFormatter) you should be able to
find the information you need.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Running your transaction logs through the LogFormatter. You should see
> an explicit delete, or the close of the owning session. The
> LogFormatter is not awesome though... I have some better versions of
> it that I will throw up on GitHub in a bit and link if you're
> interested.
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Adam Rosien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I'm trying to track down the exact cause of an ephemeral node being
>> deleted. I know it could be either (a) the session where the node was
>> created has expired, or (b) some session, perhaps the same one that created
>> the node, explicitly deletes the node. Is there a good way to figure out,
>> client-side or server-side, the actual cause of a node deletion?
>>
>> Specifically, I have a log message like the following, and I want to know
>> "where" it came from:
>>
>> 2012-03-01 17:02:44 [main-SendThread(blah:2181)] [DEBUG]
>> [org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn         ] - Got WatchedEvent
>> state:SyncConnected type:NodeDeleted path:/blah/blah/blah for sessionid
>> 0x333a2e75199161b
>>
>> Also, is the referenced session id the session id of a watch on the deleted
>> node, or the session id of the session that deleted the node? I'm guessing
>> the former.
>>
>> .. Adam
+
Camille Fournier 2012-03-02, 03:14