MapReduce >> mail # user >> Reading the value of a counter

Reading the value of a counter
Assume I have a class which extends Configured implements Tool

Assume I run the job using the run method.

Within my job I increment a counter. When I finish the run I want the final
value of the counter.

in the code which calls the run method (which in my system is running
outside of the cluster ) how to I get the final value of
my counter after the job is complete. Assume I run 0.20? . A code sampel
would be very usefil

Also a job prints to stderr a report of Reduce input groups, Combine output
records,Map input records

11/09/26 11:15:42 INFO mapred.JobClient:     Reduce input groups=26308
11/09/26 11:15:42 INFO mapred.JobClient:     Combine output records=0
11/09/26 11:15:42 INFO mapred.JobClient:     Map input records=12606891

Is there a way for my code to access these numbers after the job has
completed?

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE