Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: number of mapper tasks

Re: number of mapper tasks
Tried looking at your code, it's a bit involved. Instead of trying to run
the job, try unit-testing your input format. Test for getSplits(), whatever
number of splits that method returns, that will be the number of mappers
that will run.

You can also use LocalJobRunner also for this - set mapred.job.tracker to
local and run your job locally on your machine instead of trying on a
cluster.

HTH,
+Vinod

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Marcelo Elias Del Valle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

+Vinod
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/