Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream

Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream
Arun C Murthy 2013-03-06, 15:24
Cos,

On Mar 4, 2013, at 10:15 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> The issue that a downstream
> integration project is likely to have is - for once - the absence of
> regularly published development artifacts. In the light of "it didn't
> happen if there's no picture" here's a couple of examples:

 Maybe I wasn't clear, apologies, my request is simpler: Can Bigtop validate a Hadoop RC?

 Every RC has it's artifacts in staging at the ASF maven repo. In the past we have had Bigtop actually verifying an RC:
 http://s.apache.org/sjz

 If Bigtop can do that consistently, it would definitely help. Agree?

thanks,
Arun