Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 03:19
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 02:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 13:56
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 14:28
+
Christopher 2013-09-18, 18:09
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 15:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 14:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 14:22
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 15:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:28
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-20, 16:09
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 15:40
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-23, 02:42
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 23:14
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 01:15
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 18:05
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:10
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-25, 19:37
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:45
+
Bill Havanki 2013-09-25, 21:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 21:34
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-26, 02:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 21:56
+
Christopher 2013-09-26, 02:27
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-01, 02:09
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-26, 04:12
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-09, 23:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-10-11, 21:35
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-12, 21:56
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-13, 04:29
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-14, 04:14
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-14, 11:19
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4-RC3
One of the big advantages of an archetype is that it's convenient and
consistent to use...I agree that requiring a download and install in order
to use the archetype really cuts down on its usefulness.  I don't get a
vote, but if I did, I think I would need a clean invocation path in order
to give my +1.  (And I don't think a custom one-off shell script that
messes with someone's local repo would qualify)
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Mike Drob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2013 12:14 AM, "Josh Elser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Well, dang.
> >
> > My intent was definitely to *not* make a user have to download, install
> and then invoke the archetype, but provide a single maven command to be run
> to get up and running.
>
> Could wrap this up in a shell script? Installing to the local repo/catalog
> is a pretty nasty side effect though.
> >
> > I hate doing it, but that might be a non-starter (even as the guy
> repeatedly cutting these releases). I haven't decided my opinion on whether
> or not this is super important for a 1.4.x version of the code. Thanks for
> the information either way, Mike.
> >

> > On 10/13/2013 12:29 AM, Mike Drob wrote:
> >>
> >> There is no archetype-catalog.xml file deployed, so I have to mvn
> install
> >> before I am able to generate projects using the archetype. After I
> install
> >> however, everything works fine.

+
Josh Elser 2013-10-14, 15:19