Sqoop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Sqoop 2 first cut

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-02, 01:17
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-02, 14:43
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-02, 16:46
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-05, 10:13
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2012-12-05, 17:28
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-12-05, 18:10
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-06, 16:43
+
Bilung Lee 2012-12-04, 22:59
+
Seetharam Venkatesh 2012-12-05, 06:36
Re: [DISCUSS] Sqoop 2 first cut
Will McQueen 2012-12-05, 06:44
+1
Thanks for volunteering, Jarcec!

Cheers,
Will

On Dec 4, 2012, at 10:36 PM, Seetharam Venkatesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1. This is a good thing and glad to see your efforts coming to fruition.
> Kudos!
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Bilung Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for volunteering as the release manager, Jarcec!  Definitely +1 to
>> get the first-cut going.
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sqoop fellow developers,
>>> it seems that basic import and export functionality in Sqoop 2 will be
>>> very soon covered. Having said that I would like to propose doing "first
>>> cut" release of Sqoop 2. My motivation to provide early bits is to get
>>> feedback from actual users as soon as possible, so that we can
>> incorporate
>>> good ideas before it will become too expensive.
>>>
>>> As we've discussed in the past [1] -  I would like to propose version
>>> number 1.99.1. I believe that this version number implies that it's very
>>> far from current stable 1.4 version and very very near to 2.0, but it's
>> not
>>> 2.0 yet. I would also like to volunteer to be the release manager for
>> this
>>> first cut of Sqoop 2 branch.
>>>
>>> I'm happy to hear other's thoughts!
>>>
>>> Jarcec
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> 1: http://markmail.org/message/5jygqqy3oryxqdib
>

> --
> Regards,
> Venkatesh
>
> Phone: (408) 658-8368
> EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> http://in.linkedin.com/in/seetharamvenkatesh
> http://about.me/SeetharamVenkatesh
>
> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-12-04, 22:34
+
Venkatesan Ranganathan 2012-12-07, 18:12