HBase >> mail # user >> NoSuchColumnFamilyException with rowcounter

Re: NoSuchColumnFamilyException with rowcounter
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm now using thsi command line and it's working fine (except for the
> number of tasks).
> HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`/home/hbase/hbase-0.94.0/bin/hbase
> classpath`:`/home/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.3/bin/hadoop classpath`
> /home/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.3/bin/hadoop jar
> /home/hbase/hbase-0.94.0/hbase-0.94.1.jar rowcounter
> -Dhbase.client.scanner.caching=100 -Dmapred.map.tasks=6
> -Dmapred.map.tasks.speculative.execution=false work_proposed
>
> I simply don't know if the -D parameters are taken into consideration
> since I get the same results (numbers of tasks, time of exec, etc.)
> with and without them.

Using a higher caching value won't do much good if you don't have a
lot of rows. Since you didn't include any data like that in your
email, I won't guess how much 100 would help your case.

The number of map tasks when mapping an HBase table will be the number
of regions you have in that table. Unfortunately you can't change it
unless you write your own input format for HBase.

J-D