Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop Eclipse plug-in distribution

Hadoop Eclipse plug-in distribution
Hi,

First of all I'm not sure if this is the correct audience for my question,
apologies if it is not.

I have seen many accounts of Hadoop developers who had a hard time figuring
out how to compile and install the Hadoop plug-in for Eclipse. My question
is: are there any reasons, technical or otherwise, to distribute the
plug-in as source code with Hadoop releases instead of as an Eclipse
project? Having the plug-in as a separate Eclipse project would allow
installling it via update site, which is the most common way of installing
plug-ins. I also think it makes sense from a development standpoint, since
contributors to the eclipse plugin are rarely the same ones that contribute
to MapReduce.

Regards,
Rafael M.