Hive, mail # user - Change existing location of Hive Warehouse

+
Hamza Asad 2013-02-13, 08:14
+
Kugathasan Abimaran 2013-02-13, 08:24
+
Hamza Asad 2013-02-13, 08:31
Re: Change existing location of Hive Warehouse
Kugathasan Abimaran 2013-02-13, 08:40
Try to use following
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.18.2/hdfs_shell.html#cp

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Hamza Asad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> thnx.. done it successfully.. Now i want to transfer my data from old
> location to new location, how can i do that
>

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Kugathasan Abimaran <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> If you don't have the following property in hive-site.xml, add it and
>> change the location where you want.
>>
>> <property>
>>   <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>
>>   <value>/user/hive/warehouse</value>
>>   <description>location of default database for the
>> warehouse</description>
>> </property>
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Hamza Asad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all, how can i change default directory of HIVE/HDFS i.e
>>> /user/hive/warehouse to my own customized directory?
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Muhammad Hamza Asad *
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks,