Pig >> mail # user >> DISTINCT and paritioner

DISTINCT and paritioner
The docs say DISTINCT can take a custom partitioner.  How does that work?
 What is "K" and "V"?
I'm having some doubts the docs are correct.  I wrote a test partitioner
that does a System.out of K and V.  I then wrote simple scripts to do JOIN,
GROUP and DISTINCT.  For JOIN and GROUP I see my system.outs(*).  For
DISTINCT, I see nothing....

Using 0.11.1.

will