Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper does not clean up deleted nodes

+
Mathias Hodler 2013-04-08, 10:32
+
Benjamin Reed 2013-04-08, 16:31
Re: Zookeeper does not clean up deleted nodes
Thanks, this could be the reason. I only used a single zookeeper server, so
it should act as a leader.

So if I need to store larger files (about 1MB) the only option is to
increase the heap space? I know that zookeeper is designed for small files,
but I'm using zookeeper with solr and solr stores all the index
configuration with large dictionaries in zookeeper.
2013/4/8 Benjamin Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> are you looking at the leader or the follower? the leader keeps the last
> few transactions in memory to speed up syncing with new followers. that
> might be what you are seeing.
>

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Mathias Hodler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made some tests and it seems like zookeeper doesn't clean up the last
> 500
> > deleted nodes.
> >
> > In my test I created nodes and deleted each node after it was created. I
> > repeated this step 1000 times and then triggered a full gc. These are the
> > results
> >
> > Creating 1000 Nodes and deleting 1000 Nodes and each node has...
> > ...1000kb data = 529MB heap used after FullGC
> > ...500kb data = 281MB heap used after FullGC
> > ...256kb data = 140MB heap used after FullGC
> > ...128kb data =  68MB heap used after FullGC
> >
> > If I'm creating 1000 nodes with each 1000kb data and then deleting the
> > nodes and after that creating 1000 nodes with 128kb data and deleting the
> > nodes again, 68MB heap space is used.
> >
> > So it seems Zookeeper caches / doesn't clean up the last 500 deleted
> nodes.
> >
> > Is this a bug or are there configuration parameter to change that
> > behaviour?

+
Benjamin Reed 2013-04-08, 16:45
+