HDFS, mail # dev - RE: BKJM - anyone using it?

+
Rakesh R 2013-11-06, 04:46
BKJM - anyone using it?
Todd Lipcon 2013-11-05, 20:06
Hey folks,

Is anyone using BKJM? The BookKeeper-based HA approach was developed around
the same time as QuorumJournalManager, but I haven't seen much reported
about it in the last year, and I'm not aware of anyone having deployed BKJM
in any production use cases.

If no one is using it, I would propose removing it from the HDFS tree - if
anyone would like to experiment with it in the future, it could be
built/developed on github as an external project. If a significant
community emerges in the future, we could consider moving it back in.

(this isn't a formal vote thread, just trying to find out if it is indeed
abandoned)

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon