Bigtop, mail # dev - Fwd: Changes that affect packaging and running Spark

Fwd: Changes that affect packaging and running Spark
Roman Shaposhnik 2014-01-03, 21:27
If anybody can open up a JIRA to track these changes for Bigtop 0.8.0
that would be appreciated. If not -- I may be able to do it over the
weekend.

Thanks,
Roman.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick Wendell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Subject: Changes that affect packaging and running Spark
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hey All,

Today we merged a pull request which changes the organization of the
scripts use to run Spark. The change is fairly minor but it will
affect anyone who packages spark or uses spark's binary scripts.
Spark's scripts are now divided into a /bin and /sbin directories.
This will be the layout in Spark 0.9.

/bin contains user-facing scripts:
/bin/spark-shell
/bin/pyspark
/bin/spark-class
/bin/run-example

/sbin contains administrative scripts for launching the standalone
cluster manager:
/bin/start-master.sh
/bin/start-all.sh
...etc

This allows administrators to set permissions differently for user and
admin scripts. It is also consistent with the way many other projects
package binaries. This change was contributed by @xiajunluan,
@shane-huang, and @ScrapCodes.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/317

Cheers,