Pig >> mail # user >> Reading BytesWritable in sequence file

Re: Reading BytesWritable in sequence file
Install protocol buffers 2.3 and thrift 0.5

>From the readme:

Protocol Buffer and Thrift compiler dependencies
Elephant Bird requires Protocol Buffer compiler version 2.3 at build
time, as generated classes are used internally. Thrift compiler is
required to generate classes used in tests. As these are native-code
tools they must be installed on the build machine (java library
dependencies are pulled from maven repositories during the build).