Accumulo, mail # dev - Hadoop 2 compatibility issues

+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 20:40
+
Sean Busbey 2013-05-14, 20:52
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:39
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 20:56
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 21:16
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-14, 21:35
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:42
Re: Hadoop 2 compatibility issues
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:48
I think it's interesting that Option 4 seems to be most preferred...
because it's the *only* option that is explicitly advised against by
the Maven developers (from the information I've read). I can see its
appeal, but I really don't think that we should introduce an explicit
problem for users (that applies to users using even the Hadoop version
we directly build against... not just those using Hadoop 2... I don't
know if that point was clear), to only partially support a version of
Hadoop that is still alpha and has never had a stable release.

BTW, Option 4 was how I had have achieved a solution for
ACCUMULO-1402, but am reluctant to apply that patch, with this issue
outstanding, as it may exacerbate the problem.

Another implication for Option 4 (the current "solution") is for
1.6.0, with the planned accumulo-maven-plugin... because it means that
the accumulo-maven-plugin will need to be configured like this:
<plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.accumulo</groupId>
  <artifactId>accumulo-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <dependencies>
   ... all the required hadoop 1 dependencies to make the plugin work,
even though this version only works against hadoop 1 anyway...
  </dependencies>
</plugin>

--
Christopher L Tubbs II