Hive, mail # user - LZO compression implementation in Hive

LZO compression implementation in Hive
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-20, 21:51
Hi Programming Hive Book authors

Maybe a lot of u have already successfully implemented this but only these last two weeks , we implemented our aggregations using LZO compression in Hive - MR jobs creating LZO files as Input for Hive ---> Therafter Hive aggregations creating more LZO files as output.
As usual nothing was straight forward :-)  Also the other challenge was to neatly tie all into actions in Oozie workflows….but after being underwater for weeks I think I am able to  rise above water and breathe !

In the next version of the book , If u guys r planning to add detailed sections on using lzo compression in Hive , let me know…my experiences might be useful :-)

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE