Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo Junit Concurrency/Latency issues ( Accumulo 1.3 )

Accumulo Junit Concurrency/Latency issues ( Accumulo 1.3 )
Good morning all,

I'm experiencing some "weirdness" when executing JUnit tests for my classes
that operate with Accumulo. I can best describe it as latency.
Basically, when I write my object to Accumulo & then immediately retrieve
it to inspect the values, the values are not always updated to what I just
saved them as.

Problem:
  part 1:
    - I create an object that has some primitive types.
    - I set the primitive variables to acceptable values.
    - I serialize the object (the "Value")
    - I write the Value to Accumulo ( Entry )
    - I retrieve the Object from Accumulo & inspect. The primitive values
are equal to what they were set to.

  part 2:
    - I retrieve the object from Accumulo
    - I set the primitive variables to different values
    - I serialize the object
    - I write the Value to Accumlo ( Entry )
    - I retrieve the Object from Accumulo & inspect. The primitive values
are *not equal* to what they were just set to

This only seems to be happening during the JUnit.

I have a method that performs the above task, in a JUnit test, and when I
repeatedly run the JUnit test, it will intermittently fail.
I have the same exact method, but it is in a regular class, and I can run
it as much as I want, with no failure.

for the non-JUnit test, MockInstances and  "real" instances succeed every
time
for the JUnit test, MockInstances and "real" instances both fail
intermittently.

sidenotes:
- I am definitely using the same key to update and retrieve the data. I
also inspected the entries that I was writing to Accumulo, every time, and
can confirm that they are being "sent"/"written" to Accumulo as I intend
them to be. In summary, I am positive that I am sending the correct data to
be written. This is doubly verified by my ability to intermittently succeed
when JUnit and 100% succeed in a "normal" class.

Best Regards,

Josh
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-29, 15:38