Accumulo, mail # dev - Config in ZooKeeperInstance

Config in ZooKeeperInstance
Michael Berman 2013-07-23, 14:44
I was surprised to find that ZooKeeperInstance.getConfiguration() seems to
return only the default configuration rather than the configuration stored
in ZK.  Is this the expected behavior?  I came across this in a MacTest, so
if other people are also surprised, it may be a MAC or MacTest-specific
issue, in which case I'm happy to track it down.

If this is currently the expected behavior, how would people feel about
changing it?  It seems like it would be useful to have a config channel to
ZooKeeperInstance clients (in my case, what I'm specifically interested in
is whether or not SSL is enabled).  There may be a potential for privileged
information to escape...table settings, for example, may be sensitive...
But all the really secret stuff should be in the site.xml which wouldn't
get exposed.

For reference, ZooKeeperInstance's getConfiguration() is implemented as:
AccumuloConfiguration.getDefaultConfiguration()

whereas HdfsZooInstance's getConfiguration() is:
ZooConfiguration.getInstance(this, getSiteConfiguration())

My proposal would be to change ZooKeeperInstance's to something like:
ZooConfiguration.getInstance(this,
AccumuloConfiguration.getDefaultConfiguration())

Michael