Avro >> mail # user >> Is Avro/Trevni strictly read-only?

+
ccleve 2013-01-28, 20:00
+
Doug Cutting 2013-01-29, 23:24
Re: Is Avro/Trevni strictly read-only?
Intel's HBase Panthera has an Avro document store builtin - another option:
https://github.com/intel-hadoop/hbase-0.94-panthera
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Avro and Trevni files do not support record update or delete.
>
> For large changing datasets you might use Kiji (http://www.kiji.org/)
> to store Avro data in HBase.
>
> Doug
>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM, ccleve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've gone through the documentation, but haven't been able to get a
> definite
> > answer: is Avro, or specifically Trevni, only for read-only data?
> >
> > Is it possible to update or delete records?
> >
> > If records can be deleted, is there any code that will merge row sets to
> get
> > rid of the unused space?

Aaron Kimball 2013-01-30, 23:20
+