From: Dmitriy Ryaboy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 0.9.0 (candidate 0)

There is a workaround - turning off optimizations, or at least pushUpFilter. I haven't checked 8 with the new logical plan disabled, that may work too.
If this failed execution, I'd let it pass since there is a workaround, but as is it silently returns incorrect data, with no way for an analyst to know her statistics are now fundamentally wrong. Silent and subtle data corruption is just about the wrist big we can have.
I can't really block the release, you guys can outvote me. But I'd rather you didn't; we can patch this problem today.