Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Connecting to ZK from windows box takes significantly longer than from linux

+
Sergei Babovich 2011-07-22, 21:56
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-07-22, 22:28
+
Yang 2011-07-22, 22:32
Re: Connecting to ZK from windows box takes significantly longer than from linux
zk-3.3.1. Java client. Java 64b 1.6.0_24.
I will open jira report...
But just curious if everything works fine for other windows 7 users and
we are special.

On 07/22/2011 06:28 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Are you using the java or the c client binding? What version? I'd
> encourage you to enter a jira (and submit a patch if you figure it
> out).
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Sergei Babovich
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I noticed quite strange thing: when connecting to the same ZK server from a
>> windows box it takes 4-5 seconds before receiving SyncConnected event, while
>> from linux machine it is under 10ms. All on the same network. The behaviour
>> is quite consistent across different windows boxes. As expected on a server
>> side interactions look identical - there is no delay in sending replies. At
>> this moment my only theory is some kind of delay by windows on
>> sending/receiving message. Anybody observed anything similar? Any clues
>> ideas will be very appreciated.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sergei
>> This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain
>> privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of
>> the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended
>> recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
>> distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its
>> attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
>> error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message, all
>> attachments and all copies and backups thereof.

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message, all attachments and all copies and backups thereof.
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-07-23, 00:19
+
Sergei Babovich 2011-07-23, 02:45