Accumulo, mail # user - AgeOff Filter - Compaction needed?

AgeOff Filter - Compaction needed?
Slater, David M. 2013-11-22, 15:58
Hi, I would like to automatically ageoff old data; however my understanding of AgeOff iterators is that they would require a compaction or scan to take effect. For information that is in tablets that are no longer being added to or scanned, the ageoff filter would not take effect, correct?

Would I need to force a compaction or merge in order to remove those records, or would it be better to write my own script to remove rows? (I'm using 1.4 - is this behavior different in 1.5 or 1.6?)

Thanks,
David
+
Christopher 2013-11-26, 18:46