HBase >> mail # dev >> replicating to oneself?

replicating to oneself?
hi, folks,

I got a strange thing happening on my cluster(hbase 0.94.9) recently. I am
setting up a new cluster for replication, and didn't see the data being
replicated over the peer. Then, I found the following in the log of the
regionserver of the Master:

2013-10-31 13:33:03,293 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics: new MBeanInfo
2013-10-31 13:33:03,300 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Getting
1 rs from peer cluster # 3
2013-10-31 13:33:03,300 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource:
Choosing peer hdtest018.svl.ibm.com,60020,1383251582072
2013-10-31 13:33:03,302 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource:
Replicating *b520de1d-3a18-4aec-bd45-de000e81417d* -> *
b520de1d-3a18-4aec-bd45-de000e81417d*

the log is from ReplicationSource:
*LOG.info("Replicating "+clusterId + " -> " + peerClusterId);*

It seems the problematic cluster is replicating to itself.
Any suggestion about how to look into this problem? Many thanks

BTW, I can replicate from another cluster to this problematic one.

Demai
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-11-01, 01:20
+