Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Building Hadoop from source code

+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-08, 15:06
+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-08, 15:08
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-08, 18:39
+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-09, 08:08
+
Ling Kun 2013-04-09, 08:28
+
maisnam ns 2013-04-09, 08:38
+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-09, 09:02
+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-09, 11:24
+
maisnam ns 2013-04-09, 11:45
+
maisnam ns 2013-04-09, 11:52
+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-09, 11:58
+
Ling Kun 2013-04-09, 12:07
+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-04-09, 12:25
+
Ling Kun 2013-04-09, 12:59
Re: Building Hadoop from source code
@Ling, i am very new.
I was about to ask you the same.
Which version is easy to handle?
I want to change something in HDFS.
Please, suggest.
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Ling Kun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> @Mohammad
>
>    Sorry, since the internet connection rate I am using is tooooooo low, It
> takes me a looooong time to download the tar file you showed above.
>
>    however, here is some of my opinion based on my local develop env, and i
> am also a fresh hadooper here.
>
>    1. what you have download from the trunk is Hadoop 3.0, which you can
> see from the tar.gz filename.  While the link above is about Hadoop 1.0,
> and 2.0. So it seems hadoop developers have adjust the distributed tar
> file.
>
>    2. When looking into the bin/hadoop script in both tar.gz file. I think
> that you will find out that most of them are the same. This file will make
> a MR job start.
>
>    3. What version of hadoop do you plan to work on? 2.0 or 3.0?
>
>   Ling Kun
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Mohammad Mustaqeem
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > @Ling, Is it the same file as we download from
> > http://apache.techartifact.com/mirror/hadoop/common/ ??
> > But the tree structure of the build tar file is not same as downloaded
> from
> > the site.
> >
> > @Ling plz guide me. I have been stuck at this state from 1 month .
> > I didn't find link that explain in detail. The material that I found is
> > very old that uses ant.
> > I want to just build hadoop from source code.
> > Plz, tell
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Ling Kun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > @Mohammad:
> > >   1. have you successfully run the command Steve suggested?  "mvn
> package
> > > -Pdist -Dtar -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true"
> > >   2. If yes, and then you can use the command " find . -name "*tar*" "
> > > find the tar file, which is in the path
> > > "./hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz"
> > >
> > >   3. Sorry, I make a mistake about the tar file name, It is tar.gz
> > >

> > > @ maisnam ns:
> > >     I am afraid the version you are using is not the same as Mohammad
> > used.
> > >

> > > Ling Kun

> > as

> screenshots