HBase, mail # dev - What is HBaseConfiguration.create(Configuration) good for?

What is HBaseConfiguration.create(Configuration) good for?
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-08-16, 01:12
Hi devs,

During our migration to 0.94.1 from 0.92.1 we encountered a problem.
Some of our code depends on HBaseConfiguration.create(Configuration)
to get a new configuration object that contained both the original
conf's and HBase's configurations. This behavior was changed in this
jira:

My understanding is that this optimization just removed the
HBase-specific bits and is now the equivalent of doing new
Configuration(Configuration). My question is: why do we keep this
method around? It's not doing anything that Configuration doesn't
already provide plus it's confusing since the other create() does add
the HBase configurations.

We should remove it and point to addHbaseResources or revert HBASE-5022.

Cheers,

J-D