HBase >> mail # user >> Clear Block Cache

Re: Clear Block Cache
Kevin,

  One way to do it would be to use a configuration parameter and just set
it to zero for those scans.  From the HBase book:

 Disabling Blockcache

Do not turn off block cache (You'd do it by
setting hbase.block.cache.size to zero). Currently we do not do well if you
do this because the regionserver will spend all its time loading hfile
indices over and over again. If your working set it such that block cache
does you no good, at least size the block cache such that hfile indices
will stay up in the cache (you can get a rough idea on the size you need by
surveying regionserver UIs; you'll see index block size accounted near the
top of the webpage).

http://hbase.apache.org/book/important_configurations.html

--
Kevin O'Dell