Avro, mail # user - Overriding default velocity templates

+
George Fletcher 2011-11-28, 15:01
Re: Overriding default velocity templates
Scott Carey 2011-11-28, 18:27
To the best of my recollection, the IDL custom template bits you mention
below have not been wired up through all of the tooling.  Please feel free
to submit JIRA tickets and patches to improve it.

Thanks!

-Scott

On 11/28/11 7:01 AM, "George Fletcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm looking for a way to override the default velocity templates used to
> generate java sources from IDL files. I know that I can do this by passing a
> command like argument to override 'org.apache.avro.specific.templates' but
> that doesn't work well with our build process. We want a standard set of
> templates used by many developers.
>
>  What is the best way to override the system property? It appears from the
> avro code that while the SpecificCompiler.java supports a setTemplateDir()
> method, nothing in the avro-maven-plugin calls this method.
>
>  Thanks,
>  George
+
George Fletcher 2011-11-28, 20:43