Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: setLocalResources() on ContainerLaunchContext

+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-08-06, 12:25
+
Omkar Joshi 2013-08-06, 18:11
Re: setLocalResources() on ContainerLaunchContext
Hi Krishna,

YARN downloads a specified local resource on the container's node from the url specified. In all situtations, the remote url needs to be a fully qualified path. To verify that the file at the remote url is still valid, YARN expects you to provide the length and last modified timestamp of that file.

If you use an hdfs path such as hdfs://namenode:port/<absolute path to file>, you will need to get the length and timestamp from HDFS.
If you use file:///, the file should exist on all nodes and all nodes should have the file with the same length and timestamp for localization to work. ( For a single node setup, this works but tougher to get right on a multi-node setup - deploying the file via a rpm should likely work).

-- Hitesh