HBase, mail # dev - ANN: The first hbase 0.92.1 release candidate is available for download

Re: ANN: The first hbase 0.92.1 release candidate is available for download
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-14, 05:16
All ASF releases are in fact source releases, and the fact that we
provide binaries is technically "convenience", from what I've been
told. So, you can vote based on the source contents of the tarball --
if it compiles to something you feel is satisfactory for a release,
you can vote +1 even if you had to recompile.

Given that we're now moving to multiple builds, it may make sense to
have the release votes against source and also include a tarball for
1.0, 0.22, 0.23, etc.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon