Sqoop >> mail # user >> Dropping embedded newlines for csv

+
David Kincaid 2012-09-20, 17:55
Re: Dropping embedded newlines for csv
Hi Dave,
even thought that the name --hive-drop-import-delims implies that it is connected to HIVE import, it's not the case. This argument should be independent on argument --hive-import and should normally work in non hive import.

Jarcec

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:55:44PM -0500, David Kincaid wrote:
> I'm brand new to Sqoop and am working on importing data from an Oracle database
> into HDFS. It is going to solve a number of problems I've been trying to
> solve, so I'm really excited about it. I have it working great right now
> except for one thing. One of the columns in one of that tables has newline
> characters in it. I'm importing to comma delimited files and need to strip
> off those embedded newline characters since the tool I'm reading the .csv
> files with isn't handling those well.
>
> I saw the option --hive-drop-import-delims which is exactly what I want,
> but I assume that only works when importing to Hive. How have others solved
> this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
+