HDFS >> mail # user >> cdh free manager install

+
Martinus Martinus 2012-10-12, 07:02
+
Kevin Odell 2012-10-12, 14:24
+
Martinus Martinus 2012-10-13, 16:33
Re: cdh free manager install
Hi Martinus,

The following looks quite suspicious.  When you run "sudo apt-get update"
does it work?  It looks like your machine isn't connected to the Internet,
or has bad DNS settings.

Err http://security.ubuntu.com precise-security Release.gpg
>   Something wicked happened resolving 'server:http' (-5 - No address
> associated with hostname)
-- Philip
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Martinus Martinus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Please find attached log files.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Kevin O'dell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> bcc [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Martinus,
>>
>>   It should fail and point you to a log.  Can you please provide the
>> output of that log?
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Martinus Martinus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I try to install cdh free manager 4 but it always failed on java
>>> installation section. So I tried to install oracle jdk1.6.0_31 first and
>>> tried to install the cdh free manager 4 again, but it's still failed on the
>>> same section.
>>>
>>> Is there something that I should do to make it run correctly?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> --
>> Kevin O'Dell
>> Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera