Zookeeper, mail # user - Automatic cleanup of data directory

+
Alex Baranau 2012-12-17, 15:55
Re: Automatic cleanup of data directory
Patrick Hunt 2012-12-18, 06:38
Alex that's a pretty old version of the docs, we now have autopurge
feature (since 3.4 iirc), see here:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_maintenance

Regards,

Patrick

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Alex Baranau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> According to:
>
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_maintenance
>
> "A ZooKeeper server will not remove old snapshots and log files, this is
> the responsibility of the operator."
>
> I know this is done for a reason. But should we also have ability to
> configure automatic cleanups (say leave not more than 3 backups, do cleanup
> every 24 hours) in zk? Having extra cron, etc. scripts makes it more
> complex to operate, one could even say that if you leave alone ZK server,
> it will fail sooner or later because it will eat up all disk space...
>
> Is there probably a JIRA issue which addresses this? If not, do you think
> we should create one?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alex Baranau
> ------