HBase, mail # user - Filters for hbase scans require reboot.

+
Jonathan Bishop 2012-11-01, 21:22
RE: Filters for hbase scans require reboot.
Anoop Sam John 2012-11-02, 04:06

Yes Jonathan as of now we need a reboot..  Take a look at HBASE-1936. This is not completed. You can give your thoughts there and have a look at the patch/discussion...

-Anoop-
From: Jonathan Bishop [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 2:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Filters for hbase scans require reboot.

Hi,

I am developing a filter to be used in a scan for hbase, and I find that I
need to...

1) make sure HBASE_CLASSPATH points to a jar or bin with my filter
2) reboot hbase (stop-hbase.sh, start-hbase.sh)

Otherwise, it seems hbase does not pick up my changes to my filter.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,

Jon
+