Hadoop, mail # dev - Help a newbie on patch submission

RE: Help a newbie on patch submission
Devaraj k 2012-04-03, 16:50
I tried applying your patches in my environment, It works fine.

The issue with Hadoop QA may be because of having <ctl>-M (^M) characters in the patch file. Can you try by removing the  <ctl>-M (^M) chars in the patch.

Thanks
Devaraj
From: Mostafa Elhemali [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 9:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Help a newbie on patch submission

Hi,
I'm trying to submit a patch to fix some build problems in Hadoop trunk on Windows, and I'm having a hard time pleasing Hadoop QA. This is for Hadoop-8241 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8241). I submitted the first patch and it said it couldn't apply it, so I figured it may have to do with the fact that one of the two files fixed is in hadoop-hdfs-https which isn't part of the Hadoop Common project. So I submitted a second patch just for hadoop-dist/pom.xml which I believe is part of the Common project, but that couldn't be applied as well.
So I come to you: what am I doing horribly wrong and how can I appease the almighty Hadoop QA?

Thanks,
Mostafa Elhemali